It’s my last day at the Council. And I’m only working until noon, then Hubs and I are taking off to stay the night at my grandparent’s in New Jersey before going to the Yankees game tomorrow. Yay!
We spent a lot of time fighting the basement yesterday. We found water on the floor Wednesday evening which spiraled into a witch hunt to find the cause because we’d clean it and it would just spew more out. It took until last night to figure out the water line from the fridge was leaking at the point where it attached to the cold water pipe. And by the time we figured it out we had pulled up like half the floor. And of course the leak spot was behind our pretty new walls. Hubs only had to pull a bit of wall away, and we had to turn off the water to the fridge for now. But Sunday we’ll move the connection point to be not behind the wall and that should solve the issue since we’ll be able to see and reach it to figure out what’s wrong. I’m just glad we figured it out. This basement, I can’t wait for it to be done so we can just enjoy the extra some odd-200 square feet our house is getting.
Between the basement, being pulled between two jobs, my injury, pulling out of races, not being allowed to run, I’m frustrated and sad and exhausted. I feel like I could sleep forever right now and it still wouldn’t be enough. I just need life to settle down and to go for a nice run. I’m not asking for much.
The theme for today is “Five Things I Love About ____”, so obviously I pick Five Things I Love About FALL!!!
Did you know Fall is my absolute favorite season? I may have written a Five Things I Love About Summer post a bit back, but here’s a secret; I don’t really like summer. Well, sort of. I love the sun and doing lots of fun things, and racing, and I will once again love having summer’s off soon. But I HATE the heat and I HATE the humidity. HATE HATE HATE. Ugh. But fall? Fall and I are in love!
1. The Weather- Oh my gosh, I LOVE fall weather. I LOVE when the air is cool and dry and crisp. 50’s and 60’s with dry cool air is fabulous and anyone who disgarees is not my friend. And this leads right into my next favorite thing…
2. The Fashion- I may not be terribly fahsionable, but fall weather leads to wearing boots and hoodies and sweaters. It means Jeans and hoodies, which is my favorite. And my Chewbacca boots!
3. The Views- Living in the north means we’re privy to four very distinct seasons. Fall is so pretty up here too. The colors, the leaves, it’s just beautiful! And Griswold’s favorite season is Leaf Season. Dog loves to chase rogue leaves!
4. Pumpkin- Oh. My. Gosh. Did you hear, did you hear, Starbucks is releasing the PSL on MONDAY!!! I will admit, I have some mixed feelings on this. It needs to be fall to enjoy pumpkin, but it’s been very fall like here in terms of weather already, which is weird. August is usually our most brutal summer month. So if it stays cold I will definitely indulge in a PSL this week. Ifuckinglovepumpkinspicelatte!
5. School- This is something I’ve missed the last couple of years that I am so pumped to get to experience again! I love those first few days of school when everyone is so excited and trying their best to be their best. Also, school supplies, hello! Best shopping ever! Nothing makes me giddy like new school supplies! And I have a $50 gift card for Staples from my school. Yay!
Happy weekend friends! Enjoy a PSL on Monday for me 😉
What’s your favorite Season? What Do you love most about fall?
Ever done a home reno project? Tell me about it!