Yay, happy Friday!
I had kind of a tough day at school Thursday. But it had a nice ending. I was still hanging around, getting ready to leave, finally, a bit after 4pm when my principal flagged me down as I was dropping off some student work in the main office. I had a really nice conversation with my principal about dealing with a really tough class I have towards the end of the day. I think the decision we made together about how to handle this class is going to help, and it feels really good when the conversation ends with your administrators saying “Don’t worry, we’ve got your back here.” Such a complete 180 from the last district I worked for. And it feels refreshing and reassuring.
I got home late and just couldn’t muster a run. I did take Griswold for a mile long walk. But I still felt the need to do something.
Yup. Got myself to the pool. My first swim since Irongirl Syracuse (oops) and it was tough but it sure did feel nice. Swimming can be so soothing sometimes. Took me thirty minutes to find my goggles and I ended up forgetting a towel, but the soggy ride home was worth those 1200 yards of bliss in the water.
But today is Friday and I’m here to play along with Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney for Friday Five. The theme for today is Favorite Fitness Tunes!I haven’t bought new music in a while, it’s on my to do list before Sunday, so bear with me here!
5. Roar – Katy Perry: Can’t lie. This song was stuck in my head my entire race at IM Syracuse and I sang it to myself, audibly, during the run. What else can you really do when five hours into a race the song is still on loop in your brain. Might as well sing along.
4. Paradise – Coldplay: This is one of those songs that I stick in the middle of my playlist. It has the right lyrics and tempo that when it comes on you just put your head down and dig deep.
3. Anything by Pitbull: Yup, I cannot deny my love for Pitbull. Not really, I wouldn’t normally listen to him, but his music always has the perfect beat and tempo to match my running pace to. I love running to Pitbull and I have more of his music on my playlist then I’d like to admit.
2. Stronger – Kanye West: This song has been in a top spot on my running playlist since my high school days. It has the highest play count over any single song in my itunes library by at least ten fold. This song will never not push me to work harder, better, faster, stronger. And for those of you who are asking, yes, I have the original version by Daft Punk in my mix too.
1. Wake Me Up – Avicii: This song was my anthem during Syracuse training. And whenever I hear it, it reminds me of how far I’ve come and how far I still want to go. This will be my Ironman anthem someday. Someday soon, hopefully.
I do have a short list of downloads I plan to buy up tomorrow. I’m totally open to more suggestions though. I could use some new jams badly!
Best song to get you pumped up?
Favorite finish line song?