My body. It hates me.
I’ve been pain free in my knee. This is exciting. I still stand firm on my belief that I must have thrown my patella out when I sprinted the finish line at my half marathon and that I just needed some time, PT, and decreased mileage to let the cartilage heal.
But now, my body has thrown another wrench at me. My calves were so tight after the running conditions at our 5k on Saturday and I definitely did not stretch
at all enough afterwards. And then I kept running on tight legs all week. And now, consequently, I seem to have strained my left calf muscle. I tried to run twice yesterday and both times I flamed right out.
I ran only a mile in the morning then foam rolled and stretch for like 30 minutes. And I met up with a few people from the my tri club to run Yasso 800’s last night. I made it through the mile warm up and two 800 meter sprints and their corresponding cool down laps before conceding. Foam rolled and stretched again. Iced and used my Rx NSAID cream when I got home. Today, I skipped my morning workout because I’m hobbling like a crazy.
|Basically this- except I definitely don’t have a full rupture or tear otherwise I’d be in excruciating and agonizing pain. And since it hurts, but I can still function, I’m guessing it’ll clear up just fine with enough ice, stretching, and rest.|
I want to go to spinning tonight, but I doubt I will. Granted, by using my clip shoes it’s all quad for spinning, so it wouldn’t bother my calf. But still, I just might stay off it for a few days.
Strong Hospital scheduled me for an appointment on January 15th and it’s supposed to be for my knee, which like I said is feeling fine now. I thought about just cancelling it, but now I’m thinking I may still go and just let them give me a full once over. After all, it’s with a doctor who specializes in working with endurance athletes, so having them give me a full overall check on my never ending crop of ailments couldn’t hurt.
In not I’m dying news, I get to go pick up my new bike on Saturday and I’m so excited!!! I still haven’t decided if I want to trade in my road bike yet. I kind of want to keep it for using as a getting around town bike, since Rob has one. But it would defer a bit of the cost which would be good. I don’t know. I’ll probably bring it with me and just see what they say. I have a figure in my head that I would want for it, so I’m just not sure.
Only one more day after today then I’m off work for a while. Yessss!!!