Yay Friday! I totally thought yesterday was Friday basically all day. My brain was just refusing to believe how long last week felt. It was really annoying. I think part of it was because I was so tired by Thursday. Mr. Husband was on spring break this week so he was out of work around 7pm everyday. Normally we don’t see each other in the evenings because he works way too late for me to stay up, but since he was home every night this week we got to spend the evenings together. This also meant my bedtime was much later than usual. Worth it.
Friday also means Friday Five with Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar. They picked spring for this week, which is funny because it is so not spring here in NY. We’ve been getting snow the last couple of days and the low temperatures have been down to low teens. I even saw a few single digit temperatures on my drives into work. Oh spring, someday you’ll join us. But until then, here’s five things I’m definitely looking forward to in the spring.
1. The sun! Oh the sun. We get sun in the winter too, but it feels so nice the first few times the sun in warm. I’m ready for the nicer weather please.
2. Riding and running outside. Especially riding. I am sooooo ready to get outside regularly. I’m sick of the indoor track and the treadmill bothers my bad leg. My running will hopefully start to get better when it’s easier to get them in because the weather is nice. Also, nothing is better than riding outside. So free, so fun, so wonderful. I am pumped to get Finley outside and cruise along in said sunshine.
3. Enjoying my yard is also high on my list. I love to chase Griswold around the backyard when the weather is nice. I love to be in the grass barefoot, to grill out, to sit on the deck while eating dinner. All of it. We have a big piece property that has decent privacy with the fence and the trees that surround it, so I try to make sure I enjoy it. And I do.
4. Landscaping and gardening is something I do enjoy, although we haven’t done much of it. This year we’ve talked about ripping out all our front landscaping and redoing everything, so that will be really fun. I bought some tiger lily bulbs from one of my student’s fundraisers and I’m really looking forward to planting lots of new things and making out house look so pretty.
5. My hammock. I cannot lie, I love having a hammock. We talked about getting one for a few years, then I came home one day last summer to a surprise from husband, a shiny new hammock all set up to be laid in. I am totally excited to have a summer break again and I plan to put the hammock down in the bottom of the yard where it gets a mix of sun and shade so I can lay out and not fry. I want to nap and read in that thing everyday once the weather is nice enough. I think this is the thing I’m most looking forward to, other than riding in the sunshine.
I really hope spring gets here soon. I’m dying to put my sweaters away for the year and just enjoy the nice weather. At least this weekend should be super fun. We’re going to Syracuse for the weekend to see Billy Joel tonight then we’re hitting up a comedy bar on Saturday. I’m really, really looking forward to it after how long this week has felt!
What do you love about spring?
Anything awesome on your weekend docket?