It’s Friday *happy dance*
And my winter break starts
now at 3pm! (Damn you weather for not being cold enough for a snow day!) Hello full week off from school, I’ve been dreaming of you all week. I pretty much mentally checked out Tuesday. My alarm went off and I got confused as to why my alarm would go off at 530am on a Saturday. ON A SATURDAY. EXCEPT IT WAS TUESDAY. Huge let down. Bummer.
1. My Job- Yeah, mentally checked out or not, I’m pretty damn lucky. I love teaching and I am so eternally thankful and happy to have finally landed in a great school district teaching the content that I love. For those of you who don’t know, I teach health education, so I get paid to talk to 13 year olds about sex and drugs all day. It’s probably the most fun thing possible.
2. Running in the snow- I’m not even kidding at all. I love running when it’s dark and the snow is falling. Schlepping through fresh pow in the dark, in the cold, it’s just so quiet and peaceful. It totally relaxes me, it’s my zen.
3. My Bike- Finley was a total impulse buy. My little green machine. I wasn’t too keen on the color when I first found her and put down the deposit, but I adore her and the color is so unique, no other bike looks like mine. I got a screamin’ deal on this bike and it’s been worth every penny. I would go back and pay full price knowing what I know now about my Felt B16. I get so giddy at the thought of nice weather when I can pull her off the trainer and hit the road again.
4. My Griswold- My puppy, he has my heart. He is so happy and cuddly and loving. He loves to play, tries to nudge me off my pillow at night to have it for himself, and is the light of my life. We might loving call him Grumpy Griz because he looks cranky sometimes, but he is really the best dog ever. Husbandface and I both grew up in homes with dogs and when we were living in our apartment, unable to have a dog, it was pretty difficult. And then we did something totally irrational; we put down a deposit on a puppy before having new housing lined up for ourselves. We did manage to close on our house one week before we were supposed to bring baby Grizzy home. We like to joke that he’s our 82K puppy, bought a house just for him, haha.
5. My Husband- I can’t have a Love themed post the day before Valentines Day and not tell you all about my fantastic husband. He is incredible, amazing, and six and a half years after we first started dating, he still makes my heart skip a beat. I’m very lucky to have a husband who supports me no matter what kind of craziness I dive head first into. And the best part is that he usually jumps in with me. Life’s so much more fun with a spontaneous, adventure loving goofball by your side.
Happy Friday, happy weekend, happy winter break.
Happy Valentines Day my friends.