You know what’s a nice way to start your day off? With some love!
Miranda From The Cupcake Triathlete nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. Basically what it means is that you want show a little love to fellow blogger that you follow and enjoy. I’m really excited that Miranda nominated me. Her blog is awesome because it’s a mix of triathlon (greatest sport ever) and all the freaking amazing desserts she bakes, because professional baker? Coolest job ever. It sends my sugar sensors into overdrive. Mmmmm, cupcakes.
1. Post the logo on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you(click her link above, you won’t regret checking her out!).
3. Answer the questions.
4. Choose 10 or so other ladies who blog as YOUR nominees.
5. Post the links to the nominees and notify them on your blog.
Can I pick them all? I don’t really have a favorite, but I love purple, green, and orange. And yellow. And anything bright.
Again, why do I have to have just one? I love dogs and my mister Griswold is the best dog ever. True story.
I mean really!? How can you not love that ridiculous face??
Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Either water or coffee. Probably both equally. I drink black coffee until lunch then switch to water for the rest of the day. And that’s basically all I drink, ever.
Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook. I’m trying to love twitter, but it’s weird and confusing to me.
This is a thing..? What I’m gathering from all this question answering-ness is that I’m not good at decision making.
I’m a big fan of lilies. I especially love tiger lilies. So bright and orange and pretty!
|Shameless plug of one of my wedding pictures. See, pretty flowers!|
What is your passion?
Hmmmm, this one is tough. Clearly, I love running and I love triathlon. I’ve been running for sooooo many years now and as much as I sometimes complain about it, I do love it very much. I’m going into my third race season for triathlon and I’m still giddy as a teenager in lust over it. I’m also a huge animal lover. Little known fact about me, when I applied to college, I applied to three teaching schools and two veterinary schools, and I got into both vet schools. I sometimes wish I had gone that route instead since I’m now facing the ugly truth of a crippling and dying teaching profession. But that doesn’t stop me from loving health, fitness, and wellness. I’m completely and utterly fascinated by the way the human body works. So complex and amazing, which is part of why I’m so drawn to triathlon. From an anatomical standpoint, it’s pretty incredible!
Now, onto my nominations! Some awesome blogs I follow and you should too!
1. Kit from DIY Diva– Kit is hilarious and awesome. I first ran across her blog when Rob and I bought out first house a few years ago that needed some love. Her wit and sense of humor will have you rolling every time, but she’s also super savvy and posts lots of house-how-to’s.
2. Kristen from Run Away With Me– I met Kristen through the online group on The Knot I was in back when I first got engaged and she’s a fellow Junebug who I adore. She’s relatively new to running, so watching her grow as a runner is really inspiring. She’s gearing up for her first half marathon this month and is also doing the run a race in all 50 states challenge. And she better come to NY and run a race with me soon!
3. Phaedra from Blisters and Black Toenails– Phaedra is a fellow Sweat Pink Ambassador and a self proclaimed racing junkie. She’s crazy fast and I want to be as awesome as her someday. She’s getting ready for Boston Marathon in April and has a sub-5:30 hour goal for Ironman 70.3 Luxemburg this summer. I mean really, how awesome is she!?
4. Rebecca from Tri-ing The Best I Can– Rebecca and I seem to be riding the same wave length as far as training and race schedule goes. She’s also prepping for her first half Ironman with the goal of a full in 2015. Her training inspires me to keep my butt going and work hard for the for my future m-dot.
So there it is! My answer, my nominations, my little slice of the internet.